Chicken Shawama is a great meal to serve friends and family! It is so quick and easy to prepare and you can leave in the fridge to marinate overnight until you are ready to eat.
Boneless chicken cut into strips.
1 clove of garlic minced
1 tbsp Greek yogurt
1 tbsp cumin (jeera)
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tbsp paprika
2 cinnamon sticks
1/2 ground black pepper
2 Cardamom pods (unbroken)
1/2 tbsp mixed spices
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to marinate overnight in the fridge.
2. When ready to prepare pour some olive oil into a non-stick pan and fry for 20 minutes until golden.
3. Pick out the cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves and cloves.
Garlic Butter Sauce Recipe & Method
1. Melt 1/3 cup butter.
2. Add melted butter into a bowl with 1 clove minced garlic and finely chopped coriander.
3. Stir mixture to infuse flavours.
Drizzle the Garlic Butter over the Shawama. Top with a piece of grilled flat bread to give it that authentic look and serve with a side of chips, salad and a wedge of lemon.
This is guaranteed to be a dinner party favourite!