This was my first attempt at making Vanilla Custard Tart Puffs. I had a packet of puff pastry rolls in my fridge and a strange craving for custard so I decided to combine the two ingredients together.
Ingredients for Vanilla Custard
2 large egg yolks
2 tsp cornflour
25g caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract (also you can add a split vanilla pod to the mixture but unfortunately I did not have any in the house!)
250ml whole milk
250ml double cream
1. Put the egg yolks into saucepan and add cornflour and sugar.
2. Add the vanilla extract, and whisk to combine all the ingredients.
3. Slowly and gradually whisk in the milk and cream then place the pan over a low heat and cook gently for 7-8 minutes.
4. Whisking constantly, until smooth and thick. (Do not allow the custard to boil.)
5. Cut puff pastry into desires shape and size and press down into shallow muffin tray and fill with the cooled Vanilla custard.
6. Place in pre-heated oven and bake until puff pastry rises and the vanilla custard thicken.
Take out and leave to cool before serving.
Overall, I would say the results were good! The sweet and savory puffs tasted delicious!