My husband made this delicious home-made vegetarian pizza last night.
Pizza Dough Ingredients
650g plain white flour
1 tbsp salt
2 dried yeast sachets
1/2 tbsp golden caster sugar
50ml warm milk
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Mix the flour, salt and yeast together in a mixing bowl and stir in the olive oil and milk. Add the water gradually and mix well to form a soft dough.
2. Knead the dough for about five minutes until smooth and elastic. place in bowl and cover with a damp tea towel. Leave to rise for about 1½ hours until doubled in size.
3. Knead the risen dough again until smooth and roll into a ball. Set aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour until risen again.
4. Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
5. Add home-made or store bought tomato sauce over the pizza base.
6. Add favourite toppings! We topped ours with sliced bell peppers, sliced olives, sliced mushrooms and lots of grated cheddar cheese!
7. Place into pre-heated oven until the pizza base is golden brown and all the cheese has melted.