…or otherwise known as: Coriander and Garlic Butter drizzled grilled Sea Bass with Anchovy and Red Pepper Puree on a bed of Mediterranean Mash!
This is the surprise birthday meal that Zein, his girlfriend, my cousin+best-friend (Eliza) and I cooked for my husband! This was our own spin on the ‘Come Dine With Me’ Sea bass with Mediterranean mash recipe.
10 fillets Sea Bass
1 1/2kg potatoes peeled and chopped
7 large red bell peppers
5 tbsp olive oil
2 large shallots, finely chopped
3 tbsp fresh mixed herbs (e.g. thyme, basil, parsley, oregano)
1/2 tsp ground fennel
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chili flakes
2 stick unsalted butter
6 garlic cloves crushed and minced fine
2 tbsp coriander finely chopped
1 large tomato
Anchovy and Red Pepper Puree:
1. Spray baking tray with oil and place red pepper halves on top.
2. Fill the red pepper halves with 2 anchovies each, minced garlic, little pinch of shallots and salt.
3. Place in pre-heated oven and cook until pepper is soft take out, remove filling and peel skin off.
4. Combine red pepper and filling in bowl and mash.
Coriander and Garlic Butter Sauce:
1. Melt butter completely and add minced garlic.
2. Take off heat and add coriander, salt and pepper to taste.
1. Peel and quarter the potato and put in pan filled with water and boil for 20 minutes.
2. Once potatoes are soft and oiled through drain water.
3. Add butter to milk in a pan and heat gently until the butter has melted.
4. Add potato to the mixture and mash with a potato masher until smooth and fluffy.
5. Caramalise shallots and soften finely chopped tomato and red pepper in pan with olive oil.
6. Add mixture to the mash potato and incorporate.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Grilled Sea Bass:
1. Marinate the Sea Bass in olive oil, chili flakes, thyme, basil, parsley, oregano, ground fennel, turmeric, salt and pepper.
2. When ready to serve meal, grill both sides until golden and cooked through.
3. Drizzle the coriander and garlic butter sauce on top and serve with the accompaniments.
My husband and I invited a few friends over for dinner and tried our hand at making the Mediterranean Grilled Sea Bass with a side of roast potatoes and salad. It went down a treat!
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!