This is one of the most simplest desserts I have ever made! My husband and I make this every summer and enjoy it out in the sunshine of our garden. I’ve already made this a few times in the space of a few weeks in honor of the great weather we’ve been having in London. This small cheesecake serves 4-6 people (or big double servings for 2!) and is deliciously light and refreshing!
1/2 juice of lemon with zest
1 tsp clear honey (or what ever you have)
200g Digestive biscuits
75g caster sugar
25g melted butter
1. Rub bottom of cake tin with butter or spray with cooking oil.
2. Crush digestive biscuits and mix in a bowl with melted butter and a squirt of honey.
3. Line the Bottom of the cake tin making sure to press down hard and even out. Leave in fridge to chill whilst making the filling.
4. For the filling mix mascarpone (or cream cheese), caster sugar and the juice and zest of the lemons and whisk lightly.
5. Spoon and smooth mixture on top of the biscuit base and leave to chill for 2 hours.
Serve and enjoy chilled with a glass of cold elderflower soda!