Apologies for not posting anything for a while, my husband and I have been very busy with work. We have been making meals that are filling yet quick and easy to make to fit into out busy life style. It is very easy to resort to ready-made meals and take-aways when life starts moving at a fast pace, and like everyone we are also guilty of stocking up on junk! This roast chicken and vegetable recipe is something that my husband and I can prepare within 15 minutes (teamwork!) and have in the oven to enjoy within the hour. Cooking just does not get any easier than this and you can even use disposable foil trays so you don’t have a million-and-one things to wash up afterwards!
6 piece chicken drumsticks
4 large potatoes
4 large carrots
1 large onion
1/2 tbsp turmeric
1/2 tbsp ground fennel
1/2 tbsp dried ground herbs
1/2 tbsp chili flakes
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Roughly chop onions and peel and chop the carrots and potatoes.
2. Add chicken drumsticks to the tray full of chopped veg.
3. Add turmeric, ground fennel, dried ground herbs, tbsp chili flakes, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste and rub into the chicken and veg.
4. Leave to sit in the fridge for 10 minutes.
5. Put tray in a pre-heated oven on low/medium heat for an hour until chicken and veg are golden, cooked through and roasted.
Serve with a side of chili and herd bread which takes no more than a few minutes to prepare. Click link for recipe:
Accompany the dish and bread with a simple garden salad topped with crispy onions and a white wine vinegar and olive oil dressing.
Enjoy a warm home-cooked meal even when life gets overwhelmingly busy!